Saturday, September 28, 2013

Mystics of the horror world


I have always been a die-hard fan of horror movies and scary stories. The whole idea of getting scared and keeping a look-out for supernatural creatures used to thrill me and there have been innumerable times when I used to sleep with my eyes steadily focussed on the door to ensure no strange out-of-the world creature sneaks in. I slowly drift off to sleep mainly because of my tired eyes.

But, why do people enjoy watching horror movies and scare the shit out of themselves – jump at every small noise, refuse to enter a dark room, worry about sleeping alone and so on. Speaking for myself, I enjoy listening to and watching anything related to supernatural power – doesn’t necessarily have to be an evil entity. At a tender age, most of us are introduced to many villainous characters in the form of ghosts, monsters, vampires, zombies, ghouls etc. We grow up with these ideas etched in our mind and how they would harm the humans if evoked. I do not entirely believe in the world of ghosts, but they sure exist. When a person dies or rather when the spirit leaves the body, it is believed to me hovering about in space until it is summoned to take up a new life. If that is the case, there ought to be fixed number of souls or spirits which keep getting transported from one body to another. Or do new spirits emerge and if yes, how does a new spirit come in being? Once a spirit leaves a body, shouldn’t it be devoid of all the attachments that it had with that person? Then, how can it fester vengeance towards the humans? In most of the horror movies that I have watched, innocent people are harmed by ghosts. Ghosts go on a killing spree – for no valid reason.

I, sometimes wonder, would a ghost or an evil spirit attack me? It would probably try to scare me by its presence to get rid of me from its abode if disturbed, and I would certainly leave it alone rather than invoking it. Would it try to possess me? How can it invade my body if I do not allow it to? Thriving on positive energy and thoughts would keep anything evil at bay.

For me, anything horror is pure entertainment with an over-dosage of thrill and excitement and take great pleasure in it. Fortunately or unfortunately, I have never had an encounter with the other world yet and if I do stumble upon any such being, guess my feet would be plastered to the ground with fright!!!

1 comment:

  1. Just read your blog today. This is one topic which i can never relate to, my dad have always raised me saying - there are no evil spirits or ghosts outside of you, so they never exist for me! If they do, they are inside some of us and do come out while we are alive in the form of certain bad acts.
    Horror movies - Not my cup of tea at all! I find them utterly silly :)
    Happy Blogging - looking forward for your next one!

    ReplyDelete